Monday, June 17, 2013

Appying Finishing Touches to Water #2

I am in the latter stages of the second in a series of paintings about WATER; warm, crystal clear tropical beach water. As a member of Ocean Futures Society, an organization founded by Jean-Michel Cousteau, missioned to preserve the cleanliness of our oceans, I wanted to bring attention to the beauty and fragility of our oceans.

I have been a water person for my entire life -- riding waves first with a blow-up raft when I was little, then transitioning to a surf board, and now, since the knees are a bit beat up, to a boogie board. And, every trip to the Caribbean includes great snorkeling adventures.

Consider joining me in support of future generations having cleaner ocean water than we have now.

This second 30"x40" in my series, using a large amount of glazing technique, is almost complete. I still need to even out the glossiness with a varnish once it cures, so I guess I'll begin painting #3.

Have a great week!


Water #2 by Alan Zawacki -- in progress



 
Water #2 by Alan Zawacki -- close up detail

No comments:

Post a Comment