Wednesday, April 16, 2014

A Productive Couple of Weeks



Wow! I had a very busy and productive couple of weeks.  I hosted the opening reception as the featured artist at the Dancing Crane Gallery in Bradenton, Florida on April 4th. I hung one of my largest seascape paintings (The Cove - 36”x72” acrylic on gallery wrap canvas) for a 4-month display in the Bradenton Financial Building. I completed 3 new paintings and listed them for sale on my Etsy website: www.alanzawackifineart.etsy.com. And, I was interviewed for an online radio show that features local Florida artists.

The Dancing Crane Gallery show will run through April 25th. I sold several paintings on the night of the reception and had to backfill the empty spaces on the walls with other paintings -- not a bad problem to have.

The Brandenton Financial Building partners with the Dancing Crane Gallery to display selected artists work on their walls. All are for sale. Here is The Cove:



I managed to stay “in the zone” for an extended period of time to complete 3 acrylic seascapes:

Just One More - 11"x14" original acrylic tropical seascape on canvas board framed in a 2" wide rustic white wood frame



Discovering Trunk Bay, St. John - an original 16"x20" acrylic Caribbean seascape on gallery wrap canvas


Churning Waves - an original 12"x24" acrylic tropical seascape on gallery wrap canvas


Lastly, I was pleased to have the opportunity to be interviewed by Dona Lee, who hosts an online radio show about local artists, called Culture Coast. The 30-minute podcast will be aired on radioearnetwork.com on Thursday, April 24th at 2 PM. After that, it will be archived in their lists of podcasts.

I hope everyone had as good of a couple weeks as I did.
Have a great one this week,
Alan

No comments:

Post a Comment