Wednesday, March 12, 2014

The Beauty of Caribbean Water



I love to create paintings --all kinds of landscape, seascape, and still life subject matter. But, I find myself always coming back to painting WATER --- clear, blue/green/turquoise, Caribbean water.

There is something about Caribbean ocean water that makes me feel good. Maybe it’s the pleasant memories of the people, the warmth, or the laid-back island life.  

Growing up in New Jersey, I frequented the Jersey Shore. I always had an affinity for the ocean – swimming, surfing, boogie boarding, and just lying on the sand. Yet, as beautiful as the ocean was there, I find that nothing can compare to Caribbean waters.

I continue to take pleasure in creating paintings that show-off the mesmerizing colors and feeling of the ocean, bays, and coves found in the Caribbean.

Here are two examples of those type of creations. The first is called Rendezvous Bay Shower – a 16"x36" original oil over acrylic on canvas painting of Rendezvous Bay on the Caribbean island of Anguilla.






The second is, Heavenly – a 24"x48" acrylic on gallery wrap canvas that portrays the warm sun shining bright and glistening over the varying blues and greens of shallow crystal clear turquoise water.








Both paintings can be found on my websites: www.alanzawacki.com or www.alanzawackifineart.etsy.com




Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment