Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Re-Working an Older Painting

As my tastes change and my experience increases, I get the urge to pull out an older painting and re-work it. Of course, there's always the possibility that I will absolutely ruin it, but I'm usually willing to take that chance.

This is a painting that I did years ago and was never really satisfied with it -- it seemed too dull to me.

So, as Tim Allen -- the "Tool-time Man" would say, "I re-wired it and gave it more power."



I wanted to add more life and light to the painting and create a warmer feel throughout. Using Sap Green as the base green, I added layers of Cad Orange, Cad Red, and Cad Yellow Deep to portray the warm glow of the morning sun.


Misty Morning by Alan Zawacki - 20"x40" acrylic
on canvas (available on Alan Zawacki Fine Art on Etsy)

I don't know what you think but I like this painting a whole lot more -- it makes me feel happy -- and that's why I paint.

Have a great week,
Alan

No comments:

Post a Comment