Friday, May 26, 2017

5 Ways Art Can Improve Your Room Design


Contemplation by Alan Zawacki - 36"x72" acrylic on linen


I often come across articles about how art can enhance interior design.This article on Houzz by Ian Stallings caught my eye so I thought that I would share it with my followers. Ian talks about 5 major things that art can do for your interior home design:

1. Add movement
2. Provide color
3. Balance scale and texture
4. Introduce a rotating gallery
5. Make a statement

I would also add one more item to his list, as illustrated by my large original painting seen above. A large original seascape or landscape painting can also provide "a sense of connection to nature," bringing an indoor/outdoor feel to the room.

The full article can be found here: 5 Ways Art Can Improve Your Room Design 

Enjoy,
Alan








No comments:

Post a Comment