Thursday, August 28, 2014

I Just Love Sunsets



I recently pulled out a large sunset painting that I had from a while back and was inspired to rework it into a more updated composition. Based on memories and photos from my latest trip to St. Thomas and St. John in July, I recreated the sunset from the perspective of looking out at St. Thomas as we departed from Cruz Bay in St. John. A ferry makes hourly trips back and forth between the two islands. We were returning to St. Thomas after a day-long charter boat trip (that’s a whole story in itself) as the sun set.

This original oil painting (Cruz Bay Sunset) is a 40”x40” oil on canvas. I will frame it soon and make it available to other St. Thomas / St. John lovers.




In the meantime, have a great holiday weekend,
Alan

No comments:

Post a Comment